The animation editor is used to create animation sets. For more information see Animation Set.
When the animation editor is active, the controls at the bottom of the viewport look like this:
- Frame bar
- Displays the key frames of the selected animation and the currently active frame. Can be used to activate/select a frame with .
- Editor control (dropdown menu)
- Displays the currently active editor. Is used to change from the animation editor to another editor.
- Time control (Back / Pause / Forward buttons)
- Activates and deactivates time mode so that the selected animation is displayed in the viewport.
- Animation set control (dropdown menus)
- These dropdown menus are used to manage and select animation sets, animations, and animation envelopes.
View options are located at the top of the viewport. When the animation editor is active, the second dropdown menu from the left has the following options (screenshot on the right):
- Defines if envelopes are displayed.
- Defines if a yellow outline is displayed for the selected envelope.
- Motion path
- Defines if the motion path of the selected envelope is displayed.
- Key frames
- Defines if key frames are displayed as red dots.
- Key frame axis
- Defines if the orientation of key frames is displayed.
- Bind pose
- To do: Add description.
Property Group Panels
The following Property group panels are exclusive to the animation editor:
- Animation panel
- The Animation panel displays the properties of the selected animation and can be used to manipulate them.
- For more information see Animation Panel.
- AnimSet panel
- The AnimSet panel displays the properties of the selected animation set and can be used to manipulate them.
- For more information see AnimSet Panel.
Animation Editor Tools
The command bar group only has one tab called 'Common'. For more information see Common Tools (Animation Editor).