The preferences dialog is used to edit preferences data of the Serious Editor.
Preferences data is stored in a profile folder. The default preferences data is stored in the 'Default' folder that can be found
- in [...]\Steam\steamapps\common\Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter\UserData → SEd3.0 only
- in [...]\Steam\steamapps\common\Serious Sam 3\UserData → SEd3.5 only
- in [...]\Steam\steamapps\common\The Talos Principle\UserData → SEd4.0 only.
The profile to apply when starting the editor is stored in the file 'CurrentProfile.txt' in each of the above folders. Multiple profile folders can be created by changing the profile folder name in 'CurrentProfile.txt' (while the editor is closed). Starting the editor with a non-existent current profile folder name will prompt the editor to create such folder with default values for all preferences data.
- Auto Recovery
- Max backup files
- Sets the number of maximum backup files for files currently in editing.
- Browser instance data
- StaticArray that saves display settings for each File List Dialog that has been opened.
- StaticArray that defines display profiles for output group panels.
For information about the settings in sections go to