Resource control is used to edit the value of resource type data in property group panels.
There are two types of control that resource control offers:
- Basic operations, and
- Perforce operations.
- Creates a pointer to a blank set of resource properties.
- Note: The data type of the edited resource type data defines the resource properties that are created.
- Opens the Obtain some data Dialog that lets you point to a saved resource.
- Opens the Obtain some data Dialog with the resource, that is currently pointed to, highlighted in its folder.
- Changes the state of the resource, that is currently pointed to, from shared to unshared and vice versa. For more information on shared/unshared resources see Resources.
- Deletes the current resource pointer.
- Saves the resource, that is currently pointed to, under its name. If the resource has not yet been named the Save as Dialog is opened.
- Save as...
- Opens the Save as Dialog.
- Opens a dropdown menu with Perforce operations (see below).
- Opens the Obtain some data Dialog. The saved resource that is chosen in this dialog will be created as a local resource of the edited resource data.
- History → SEd3.5 or higher
- To do: Add description.
- Recent files
- Opens a dropdown menu that contains a list of recently used resources of the required data type.
Perforce (P4) Operations
Perforce operations are used for multi-user editing of files and need to be set up properly first. They appear to be nonsensical in custom mapping.