The safeguard dialog is a generic dialog that appears when
- a file with unsaved changes is closed, or
- an unnamed file is supposed to be saved.
It prevents accidental loss of editing work.
If a file with unsaved changes is about to be closed, the safeguard dialog provides the following dropdown menu options for that file :
The dialog offers three ways to proceed:
- To execute the chosen action meaning
- either saving changes to a named file before closing it,
- or opening a File List Dialog that lets you choose a name for an unnamed file
- clicking .
- To not take any further measure click .
- To cancel the action that lead to the safeguard dialog
- click ,
- click 'x' in the top right corner of the dialog, or
- press Esc.